GrowthCounsel is an entrepreneurial law firm that provides value-driven services to businesses at every stage of their life cycle.
We believe that to effectively counsel a growing business, a lawyer must do more than provide legal advice. We know you need insights and tactics you can use and apply in the real world. A true “startup lawyer” must act as both a shield and a sword: protecting you, but — more importantly — helping you decide which risks are worth taking to grow.
We pride ourselves on going above and beyond the role of traditional attorneys. We take the time to understand your business goals. We’re firm believers that effective legal advice does not exist — and can’t be given — in a vacuum.
We value our clients and strive to be more than just a hired gun. We want to be part of your team. We’re looking for true partners. We’re looking to grow together.
We know you don’t like surprises (neither do we!) so we’re upfront about project costs and timelines. When we give you a proposed budget or timeline, it’s not a guess. We’re making a promise that we intend to keep.
By leveraging our unique combination of big law firm, in-house counsel and startup experience, we provide real-time, pragmatic and actionable advice.
So whether you’re an entrepreneur with an idea, a new startup, an emerging company looking to grow, or an established business on the verge of taking things to the next level, we want to work with you.
Let’s build something together.
- LLC Formations + Incorporations
- Organizational Documents and Filings
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Equity Restriction + Vesting Arrangements
- Stockholder and Operating Agreements
- Equity Incentive Plans and Award Agreements
- Phantom Equity Plans
- Non-Compete and Restrictive Covenant Agreements
- Employee and Consulting Agreements
- Blockchain, crytocurrency, + ICO advisement
- Strategic Counseling
- Term Sheet Preparation and Negotiation
- Equity and Convertible Debt Financings
- SAFE, KISS and Alternative Financings
- C-Corp Conversions and Other Pre-Transaction Restructurings
- Pre-Financing Due Diligence
- Securities Law Compliance
- Ongoing Investor Relations
- Cap Table Management
- Contract Preparation and Negotiation
- Licensing Agreements
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Real Estate Leases
- Supply and Distribution Agreements
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Sales Representative Agreements
- Channel Partner and Referral Agreements
- Joint Development Agreements
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Employee Handbooks
- Privacy Policies
- Human Resources Support + Employment Matters
- Trademark Counseling
- Corporate Governance
- Spin-Offs and Divestitures
- Form Agreements + Contract Management