✔ STARTUP-RELATED SERVICES
- LLC Formations + Incorporations
- Organizational Documents and Filings
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Equity Restriction + Vesting Arrangements
- Stockholder and Operating Agreements
- Equity Incentive Plans and Award Agreements
- Phantom Equity Plans
- Non-Compete and Restrictive Covenant Agreements
- Employee and Consulting Agreements
- Blockchain, crytocurrency, + ICO advisement
✔ CAPITAL RAISING
- Strategic Counseling
- Term Sheet Preparation and Negotiation
- Equity and Convertible Debt Financings
- SAFE, KISS and Alternative Financings
- C-Corp Conversions and Other Pre-Transaction Restructurings
- Pre-Financing Due Diligence
- Securities Law Compliance
- Ongoing Investor Relations
- Cap Table Management
✔ COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS
- Contract Preparation and Negotiation
- Licensing Agreements
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Real Estate Leases
- Supply and Distribution Agreements
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Sales Representative Agreements
- Channel Partner and Referral Agreements
- Joint Development Agreements
✔ BUSINESS SERVICES
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Employee Handbooks
- Privacy Policies
- Human Resources Support + Employment Matters
- Trademark Counseling
- Corporate Governance
- Spin-Offs and Divestitures
- Form Agreements + Contract Management
We have entrepreneurial DNA.
We love helping founders launch and grow new ventures by, among other things, helping them structure their business, establish the relationships between co-founders and protect their intellectual property. We also help companies as they take the often necessary step of raising capital for growth. We typically provide these services on a fixed-fee basis, ensuring legal costs stay controlled at a time when cash flow is critical to a business’s growth.
Most small to medium-sized businesses don’t have a full-time attorney of their own to handle day-to-day issues and provide proactive legal support. Our ability to work cost-effectively and provide real-time advice makes it possible for clients to use GrowthCounsel as a true in-house general counsel. In this role, we typically focus on commercial contracts, labor and employment issues, pre-litigation disputes and general business guidance. As your “outside/inside” GC, think of us as a member of your team.
We offer the same contract and transactional services that traditional law firms do — albeit in a more cost-effective and responsive manner. We assist clients with buying and selling businesses, joint ventures, financings, employment and consulting agreements, form contracts, equity incentive plans, commercial leases and just about any other contract or transactional need that may arise.
Many new and growing businesses pay too little attention to the legal side of their operations. A recent survey found that more than 13 million small businesses – nearly 60% of all small business – experienced a significant legal issue in the preceding two years.
Many times, these issues could have been dealt with proactively, saving time, money and stress in the long run. We’ve repeatedly found ways to help businesses protect themselves and grow. As a growing business ourselves, we understand what you’re going through and how to meet your needs.